The Tec 40 is an excellent entry point into the rewarding world of technical diving and provides a smooth transition from recreational diving. Once successful, the Tec 40 diver will be qualified to complete up to 10 mins of non-accelerated decompression to 130ft/40 metres while breathing from one additional deco cylinder of up to EANx 50.
This experience will be credited toward your Tec 45, Tec 50 and/or your Full Tec Deep Course. This course is conducted over three full days and introduces students to the standardized technical rig, the foundational skill set required for use of twin tanks, manifold, stage decompression tanks and long hose configuration.
The divers will learn the importance of working in a team for both dive planning and execution, with emphasis placed on providing the tools required to execute technical dives safely by preparing for and responding to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of diving.
The training you will receive through this process will provide the fundamental skills and knowledge for you to progress successfully onto the Tec 45 course or completing the entire Tec Deep Diver program.
To enroll in the PADI Tec 40 you must:
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
What Will I Do?
You’ll learn to make gas switch, extended no-decompression dives using air to 40 metres/130 feet and breathing enriched air (up to 50%) for conservatism. Some of the motor skills you will learn and master are;
- Technical equipment set up
- Buoyancy check
- Neutral buoyancy control
- Remove and replace stage at surface/underwater
- Gas shut down drills
- Free flow shut down drill
- Out of Air
- Bubble check
- NOTOX gas switch
- Lift bag deployment
- Calculating sac rate
- Maintain simulated deco stop
- Failed lift bag deployment drill
- Decompression dive planning with desk top software
You’ll also prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Since it’s part of the Tec Deep Diver course, your DSAT Tec 40 course training credits toward the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
IncludedDiscounted accommodationEquipment rentalMuti-language instructionPADI certificationPADI materialsSnacks and refreshments on boats
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies